How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android
Do you bought a new Android phone and want to transfer contacts from the previous Android phone to a newer one, then you are at the right place. Here, we will discuss some of the easiest and most effective methods to transfer contacts from Android to Android.
There are different ways to transfer your contacts detail from one Android smartphone to another. By default, everything gets synced when you set up your new phone (using your Google account). Even if the sync option is disabled, it is easy to transfer your contact details.
Different methods to transfer contacts from Android to Android smartphones
- With Google Account and Sync
- Using a SIM card
- Using VCF file
- Using Bluetooth
- Using an application (MobileTrans)
- Using SHAREit
Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with Google Account and Sync
If you are using a Google account (if not, create it), the Google Contacts Service allows you to transfer your contacts from Android to Android via Google cloud backup. From Google backup, you can restore all your contacts to your new device. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do this:
- First of all, go to Settings of your source device and select the Google under account section.
- In the Google account screen, tap on Gmail account to sync it.
- Now, touch the Sync Contacts option (in some devices, enable the toggle button) to sync the contact list to your account.
- On the destination device, first, you have to add the same Google account; after that, visit Settings > Account > Google and select Contacts from Google backups. Now, click on the Sync Now and the contacts are transferred to the destination (new) device.
Transfer contacts from Android to Android using a SIM card
Another method to transfer contacts from one Android phone to another Android phone is by using a SIM card, which fits both devices. You can do this by copying all contacts to the SIM card, inserting the same SIM into another device and moving the copied contacts. This method doesn’t involve any Google account; you can do this by following offline steps. To transfer contacts between two Android phones using the SIM card, follow the below steps:
- Open your Android device and launch the Contacts
- Tap on the menu icon, find the Import/Export option and tap on it.
- Now, select a SIM card and click on Export to Card.
- When the contacts are transferred to your SIM card, remove it and then insert it into the destination Android phone.
- Open the Contacts app of the destination (newer) device, go to the menu option and click on it.
- Go to Import/Export option and tap on it.
- Finally, select Import from Card, and it will transfer contacts to your destination device.
Transfer contacts from Android to Android using VCF file
It is also a manual way to transfer your contacts list from one Android phone to another Android phone. In this method, you have to move your contacts by creating a VCF file in your source device and transfer it to your destination phone. Open this VCF file in the destination phone and import contacts from it. Steps to transfer contacts using the VCF file is given below:
- Open your Android phone and launch the Contacts
- Click on the menu icon and visit Import/Export > Export to storage.
- Click on the Export button to creates a VCF file and save it on your phone.
- Now, transfer this VCF file to another Android device using one of the methods such as email attach, Bluetooth, USB cable, etc.
- When the VCF file is received on the destination device, open it, and you will get a popup screen asking you to import contacts.
- Click on OK, and it will move contacts to the device.
Transfer Contacts from Android to Android using an application
Another best way to transfer contacts from Android to Android phone using a third-party application. One such application is MobileTrans, which allows transferring contacts in one click. You can transfer contacts by selecting one by one (specific contacts) or selecting all at once. This application not only transfers contacts but it also allows transferring other data of the device.
Features of MobileTrans – Phone Transfer application
- MobileTrans application transfers contacts from Android to Android only in a few clicks.
- It facilitates easy transfer of contacts, video, music, messages, photos, and lots more.
- It gives faster data transfer speed.
- It transfers data without re-settings to a new android phone.
Below are the steps to transfer contacts from Android to Android using the MobileTrans application:
2. Now, connect both Android devices to your computer using a USB cable. We ensure that the MobileTrans application detects both devices on the screen. If the application does not detect it, enable the USB Debugging option from phone Settings.
Also, you have mandatory to maintain the correct order of devices in the application window. It is also important to keep in mind that the phone from which we are sending contacts should be on the “Source” device, and the phone we are sending it to be on the “Destination.” If it is not so, we will have to swap the phone’s position by clicking “Flip.”
3. Once the MobileTrans application detects both devices and gets connected, you will see a list of the source device’s data appears on the screen. Checkmark the “Contacts” data and then click on the “Start” button to transfer contacts from source Android device to destination device.
Transfer Contacts from Android to Android using the device Bluetooth function
We can also transfer contacts between Android devices with the help of the device Bluetooth function. It is a simple way in which both devices need to connect via Bluetooth. The steps to transfer contacts using Bluetooth are given below. The steps may differ based on the device or model.
- Enable the Bluetooth option of both devices.
- Take your Android phone and launch the Contacts
- Click on the menu button (three lines or dots) and select Import/Export > Share contacts.
- Select the contacts which you want to transfer to another device. You may check Select all to transfer all contacts list.
- Now, click on the Share contacts option of your source device. It will prompt a screen displaying a different way to share; select the Bluetooth
- Allow the device to scan the nearby devices and when the destination device gets detected, tap on it to pair successfully, and transfer starts automatically.
Transfer Contacts from Android to Android with SHAREit
If any one of the above-discussed methods not compatible with you, then you may use the SHAREit app to transfer your contacts from one Android phone to another Android phone. The SHAREit app must be installed on both devices so that the contacts are easily transferred between them. To transfer contacts using the SHAREit app, follow the below-given steps:
- Download and install the SHAREit app on both Android devices from Google Play Store.
- Launch the Contacts app on the source device and click on menu > Import/Export.
- Now, tap on the Share contacts
- Select the contacts you want to transfer (one by one or select all) and click on the Share contacts
- Now, choose the SHAREit app as a medium to transfer contacts.
- Again, open the SHAREit app on the destination device and make sure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. Tap on the SHAREit app of the source device to scan the target device. When the source device app recognizes the destination app, tap on it to start the transfer process.
The above-discussed methods are the most effective solution to transfer contacts from one Android device to another Android device. You can select any one of them which you preferred more simple and easy to implement.