React Native Google Map
Google map is used to locate an address, navigate, and search location in the mobile devices. The Google Maps shows the location (latitude and longitude) using dot Marker. In the react-native, Google Maps is easily integrated using react-native-maps npm library. To use Google Maps in our application, we need to authenticate the Google Maps API.
1. Create the react-native project
Create the react-native project and install the react-native-maps library using the below command
After successful execution of the above code, it installs the react-native-maps library, which can be seen in package.json file.
2. Generate Google Maps authentication API key from the Google Developer Console
2.1 To use Google Maps in our application, we need to generate and authenticate the Google Maps API key. Login to https://console.developers.google.com/ with your google mail account and create a new project.
2.2 Now, click on API and Services -> Credentials -> Create credentials to create API credentials.
2.3 It will pop up your API key with message API key created.
2.4 To see an overview of your API key, click Google Maps -> Overview.
2.5 Now, go to API Library and select Maps SDK for Android to enable the Map API
3. Open your project_name -> android -> setting.gradle file and add the below code:
4. Again open your project_name ->android -> build.gradle file and add the below code in dependencies block.
5. Go to project_name -> android ->app->src->main->java->com->project_name-> MainApplication.java and add the below code:
6. In your project_name -> android -> app -> src -> main ->AndroidManifest.xml file add the below code inside application tag.
7. Import the MapView and Marker component from react-native-maps library in App.js file.
MapView: It is used to display the MapView component in the project.
Marker: It is used to show the red round mark to pinpoint the exact location in Google Maps.